In the salesforce environment, if you are going to authorize your org with the help of salesforce CLI and VSCode some time you will face the following error.
“Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘id’)
This is most likely not an error with the Salesforce CLI. Please ensure all information is accurate and try again. “
and the CLI shows the same message
ERROR running auth:web:login: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'id')
The solution to fix this issue
To authorize your org in VSCode, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Command Palette in VSCode by pressing
Ctrl + Shift + P(or
Cmd + Shift + Pon Mac).
Authorize an Org.
- Follow the prompts to log in to your Salesforce org and authorize the connection.
- Once the authorization is complete, you should be able to access Salesforce records in VSCode without encountering the “Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘id’)” error.
Additionally, you can check the following:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Salesforce CLI installed.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Salesforce Extension Pack installed.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Salesforce CLI extension installed.
If you still have issues, you can try to clear the local storage of the extension or perform a clean setup of your SFDX environment.
It’s a good practice to check the Salesforce CLI and the Extension pack version time to time, because updates may fix some known issues.